Monday 17 June 2013

Google Summer of Code

I will be participating in Google Summer of Code this year. The project that I will be working on is the Drupal Plugins for Infusion Components Project with Inclusive Design Institute. This project aims to integrate Fluid Infusion's User Interface Options into Drupal.

The UI Options improves a site's accessibility by giving users an interface that allow them to control the font size, adjust the contrast and simplify the page's layout among other things.

My project consists of two parts; the first one is writing a module for Drupal that will integrate the Infusion's UIO component into Drupal and the second part will be the creation of a Drupal theme that is optimized for this module.

I'm going to be writing this module for Drupal 7 and I will be utilizing the Libraries API for the external libraries. I also plan to add a configuration page for this module which will give site administrators the option to either have the Fat Panel UI, Full Page UI, or Full Page with Preview UI as the default interface that their users see.

The module can be used with any Drupal theme but for the second part of this project, I will be building a Drupal theme that is optimized for this module. For this, I am planning to use Zen as my base theme because it supports a lot of accessibility features.

I will be writing a lot more about my GSOC project on this blog and I will be using this blog to document my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment